Monday 7 April 2014

OULIPOST 7 'DAYLIGHT ROBBERY ON THE NORTH STAR'


I didn't really know what Iambic pentameter is. There were no examples in the prompt. My friend helped me recognise ten syllable phrases in my newspaper, but I wasn't inspired by the result, so we turned to today's prompt.
'Select a passage from one of your newspaper articles. Replace each noun in te passage with the seventh noun following it in the dictionary.'

This was much more fun. Although, I have cheated- a bit!


DAYLIGHT ROBBERY ON THE NORTH STAR
 

Sciatica hollows
where the yin temptress

shows-off the weepie’s smoking jacket-

a Yiddish weave-
with levity and levitation.

Daylight robbery on the North Star.
The poltoon with time-off and yellow fever

looks south-south-east for filberts.

 

Janet Daniel
April 7 2014

From:  The Times Saturday April 5 2104, P.13. ‘Breath of fresh air as weather turns.’

No comments:

Post a Comment